BA (Hons) Business Studies
This established general business management programme provides a broad-based study of core business concepts to develop skills relating to marketing, human resources, information systems/e-Business, accounting, finance and many other career opportunities.
About the course
You will develop a broad repertoire of business skills, rather than focusing on one specialism. Students undertake a range of tasks applied to organisations and enjoy developing sophisticated solutions to business problems.
Given the broad range of skills learned, graduates have many career opportunities in a diverse range of business roles in a wide range of sectors, including government and not-for-profit sectors. This programme is also suitable for those who wish to develop a business management specialism after a general business education, to become business teachers or to start their own businesses.
All subjects studied on the programme are relevant to the world of work, across specialist disciplines and sectors. The skills developed to achieve academic success are also those required by employers and for study at higher levels. The flexibility of the programme allows students opportunities to specialise or to maintain their general studies to keep their options open depending on the trends in the job market.
The programme integrates theoretical study and application to real world cases, in each module's teaching strategy but also in direct interaction with the University's external partnerships, including employers' organisations, professional associations, international partners and spin off entrepreneurial activities.
In particular our business management graduates have analytical, research, information technology, interpersonal, cross-cultural communication and empathetic skills.
The skills of managing ICT, communication with peers and external organisations, numeracy, problem-solving, interacting in teams, ethical reasoning, critical appraisal, self-management and leadership have been particularly applauded. Students' progress through the programme ensures that they become increasingly self-confident and capable of managing their own learning. Graduates will have developed self-confidence and the ability to work in diverse environments and communicate at a wide variety of levels.
- Marketing Management
- Managing Information and Technology
- Quantitative Techniques in Business
- Study Skills
- Business Accounting
- Economics for business
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Communication
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Personal Managerial Effectiveness
- Introduction to Business Environment
- Business Research Methodologies
- International Business
- Financial Management Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) or Hubungan Ethnik
- Malaysian Constitution and Society
- Strategic Management
- Integrated Case Study
- Dissertation/ Project Paper
- A pass in STPM / A' Levels , with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 2 subjects, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM / O'SSSS Levels or any equivalent qualification; OR
- A pass In STAM with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; OR
- Any qualifications equivalent to Diploma or Advanced Diploma (Level 4 or 5, MQF); OR
- Matriculation / Foundation qualification with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00, or any equivalent qualification.
- International students are required to achieve a minimum score of 5.5 for international English Language Testing System (IELTS) or its equivalent.
- Should be at least 21 years old
- The IELTS score should be no lower than 6.0, with no sub score being lower than 5.5. For TOEFL, applicants should have a minimum overall score of 72, which should be comprised of a minimum score of 20 in speaking, 17 in writing, 18 in reading and 17 in listening.